Pumpkin Whoopie Pie Bites with Cream Cheese Filling
Like a pumpkin whoopie pie, these pumpkin cookies have a soft, cakey texture and a cream cheese frosting filling. They are great for Thanksgiving desserts and are fun to make too!
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 15 oz. can pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cans cream cheese frosting, or make your own
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine oil, pumpkin, eggs, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and mix just until completely blended.
- Place rounded tablespoons on a cookie sheet about 1-2 inches apart.
- Bake at 375° for about 10 minutes until beginning to brown slightly.
- Transfer cookies to a rack and allow them to cool completely.
- Cover flat side of one cookie with frosting and top with another cookie.